Category Archives: Weather

Long Journey To The UK

Our taxi was waiting to take us the 20 minutes to the Greyhound Bus stop and I held it up whilst I took a final photo of Beyzano, looking rather bare without her sails and canvas. We managed to put … Continue reading

Posted in Costs, Domestic Info, Friends & Family, Tourism, UK, USA, Weather | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Fernandina Beach – Lovely Surprise

Using the strong current to aid us, I let Beyzano’s stern lines off whilst Rob waited in the bow until I called out for those lines to be let go and we were able to easily motor astern and off … Continue reading

Posted in Costs, Cuba, Friends & Family, Guatemala, Honduras, ICW, Tourism, USA, Weather | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

St Augustine & Jacksonville

We enjoyed our 2 nights in St Augustine, despite the mooring buoy banging into the hull at times when the wind and current were opposed. Being so close to the City made it easy to explore and we spent many … Continue reading

Posted in Costs, Draft 2.1 metre/7 foot, ICW, Tourism, USA, Weather | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

A Week Cruising The ICW On Our ‘Canal Boat’

Having filled up with water and washed 7 weeks of laundry in the excellent front loading machines with hot water, we were all set to head north on the ICW to St Augustine for Easter. There was a strong current … Continue reading

Posted in Domestic Info, Draft 2.1 metre/7 foot, Friends & Family, ICW, Tourism, USA, Weather | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Finally We Make It To The USA

Once the weather looked good enough with no north in the wind over the north flowing Gulf Stream, I informed the dockmaster so the meter could be read and the bill prepared. They added a 10% tip which I had … Continue reading

Posted in Costs, Cuba, Domestic Info, Draft 2.1 metre/7 foot, Friends & Family, USA, Weather | Leave a comment

Los Morros Once Again

Both boats are on a deadline, with Jack needing to be in Brunswick by the middle of April and us a further 500 miles north by May but the weather was not being kind to us, raising the stress levels. … Continue reading

Posted in Cuba, Friends & Family, USA, Weather | Leave a comment

Extra Time In Havana

Pire, the Marina Manager at Cayo Largo, managed to get us on a flight to Havana on March 1st at a cost of 320 CUC so we have finally seen Cuba’s capital, a long held dream. The tiny airport wasn’t … Continue reading

Posted in Costs, Cuba, Draft 2.1 metre/7 foot, Friends & Family, Tourism, Weather | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

On East To Cayo Largo – Another Port Of Entry

We let Grant know the weather and told him we would be continuing east before the easterly winds set in for a few days. We would be retracing our steps going west again so didn’t need to explore ashore that … Continue reading

Posted in Costs, Cuba, Domestic Info, Friends & Family, Weather | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Moving East North Of The Reef & Isla De La Juventud

We had arrived at lunchtime, so ate and rested before watching a huge red sun going down. Within minutes of sunset the boat swung around 180 degrees but we had a calm night and plenty of sleep to make up … Continue reading

Posted in Cuba, Weather | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Los Morros & Sheltering From Weather In The Cayos De La Leña

As you get towards Los Morros there is a buoy just as you enter the shallower water but all the others, save the 2 for the marina entrance, are missing. The water dramatically shallows from off the scale to 6 … Continue reading

Posted in Costs, Cuba, Weather | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment